They all watched a pioneer puppet show. It was fun they did it like a mellow drama, all the kids had sock puppets and they had to say certain things as certain puppets came up... such as barking at the dog or saying "I'm proud of you son!" when the dad came on or "Whew, that's hard work when the workers were on the set."
Definitely fun for the kids to be involved!
Livvy Just hung out with Grandma :) She wasn't to worried about the puppet show
They also had a great time learning some pioneer dances! The pageant actors & actresses actually went around and taught the dance to those who wanted to learn... This was the waltz...
I think Alex enjoyed being the one to try and teach the girls
I know Layna enjoyed it!
They played in a tug of war...
And then they did sack races...
of course shortly after that Layna fell and cut her knee and we headed to first aid and just hung out after that :) Colored pictures and played hand games and such ;)Then it was time for the pageant. Because we came on our "Special Stake Day" we got to sit like 3 rows from the front. It was great! I hadn't seen the new pageant yet so that was fun, but nobody seemed to know what to say when I commented on how well they'd done and how I also loved theater... is that wrong... I just wanted to talk a little theater. :)
The next day we went to the visitors center... I don't know if this was appropriate... but we had fun :)
Anyway we all had a great time and plan to go again next year... hopefully as time passes the girls will get a good feel of what Nauvoo is and what it is about and eventually we'll get to do more than just look at the temple with them!Won't that be amazing!










4 comments:
Good blogging! I can tell you have less at home and more computer time. I love Nauvoo and I am glad you are creating such good memories for your children.
That looks like fun!!
I am glad you had a good time in Nauvoo....we need to get there and just be tourists too! love that their Daddy dances with them!!
That is so sweet Daddy and the girls dancing, and love the fun with statues!
Post a Comment