Life's Greatest Treasure

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Alayna!

Me? It's my birthday?
So this is my Sweet girl,

Not quite ten, but very excited to be five!

Always a smile and a chance to play with someone.

Layna is getting so grown up!

Poor Girl :)

I woke her up this morning while I was taking pictures of my sleeping girl :) She didn't mind though! I wished her happy birthday and she hopped out of bed singing
"It's my birthday! I'm five, I'm five, I'm five!"

I call this picture images of a sleeping five year old,
and yes I'm still working on her bedtime thumbsucking. Thus, my resistance to let Jack suck his thumb. It apparently gives my kids so much comfort they don't ever want to give it up.

After breakfast I asked Layna what was different about being 5. Her response "Hmmm..... My toes." Me "Your toes?" Layna, "Yes, my toes aren't bigger." ....ummmm, ok. I don't know what she was expecting but I for one am glad that her toes didn't grow for her birthday :)

Anyway here's one more shot of my big 5 year old! Showing us her numbers...
and...
her sisters toy. Hmm....

7 comments:

Natalie said...

She is such a cutie pie! Happy Birthday Alayna!!! We love you! Have a great day!

Aby Runyan said...

Happy Birthday Alayna! Come visit us again soon, we love you!
luvs,
The Runyans
Jeff, Aby, Capri, Rome & Sable

PS - Hilary, the type color on your posts is IMPOSSIBLE to read. I think I'm going blind!

Unknown said...

That would have been pretty scary if your 5 yr old woke up with ogre feet!

Happy Birthday Layna!!! We love you!

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Shes five, shes five, shes a big girl now shes five.....Old songs never die!! I hope Alayna has the most princess filled day ever!! She is a doll. WE love you Layna Belle!

Jess said...

Cute pictures! Happy Birthday Alayna!

banananutmeg said...

Happy Birthday Alayna! Reese can't wait to sing to you in primary on Sunday.

Jessica Peterson said...

wow! layna is 5 now.. geezz time goes so fast!