Well it was slight madness for me but that's all it takes right now! So 2 weeks ago it started with truffle making... ha, ha, ha! Yes I had planned on making 1,000 truffles.
What can I say I think big :) I only made it to 700 with the help of the lovely Suzanne who is currently staying with us. They were milk chocolate dipped in either white or dark chocolate. and most were specially decorated with little pink flowers or a squiggly S type of Monogram.
Then after leaving for Missouri last Friday morning I spent Saturday at a Civil War reenactment with my Mother and Sisters. Fun! Pretty much I love anything that involves dressing up! Then Monday morning we imposed on my good friend Laura and I started the cake. Wow! It was gorgeous! 6 tiers, the 1st one chocolate with chocolate chips and filled with chocolate buttercream, the 2nd was white filled with a cherry filling, then Marble with a coconut and pecan buttercream filling, then we had 2 layers of strawberry filled with strawberry buttercream :) , and it was topped with another chocolate layer filled with strawberry buttercream!!! Aah! It was so good! Here's pictures!
All the stuff sticking out of the sides was from a flower display behind it :)
This is a good close up so you can see a few of the details :D
I have to thank Both of my good friend Lauras! Laura McDavitt was absolutely incredible hosting us while I destroyed her kitchen and my children overran her house and she watched my baby and helped settle many of the decisions that were made during the cake and pictures process! And thank you Laura Aitchison who so willingly put us up in her house while we stayed for the wedding in Nauvoo, she guided me around to help with picture ideas, and helped me prep and choose pictures! Thank you Thank you to the fabulous Laura's in my life!
And this is a picture of the wonderful new little family that we did this for!
Congrats Jon & Anna! We love you!










9 comments:
Oh my goodness Miss Hil. That is absolutely spectacular!!! You are amazing... but of course I already knew that... anyone who can whip up a beaded lace wedding dress in three days can do anything in my book. You did beautiful!
Love you and so sorry I missed you this time... remember the basement apartment is always open to you and yours... well that is, unless Al moves in and then you'll have to contend with you brotha.
The cake is beautiful and so are the truffles! Did they all get eaten? Also that is a great picture of the new family!!
It's too quiet now that you guys are gone! :)
Thanks for keeping me company. It was really good seeing you!
my mom and I are oohing and aahing over your cake. You are so talented, is there anything you CAN'T do???!!!
Oh it's just stunning! And what a beautiful family they are!
It was so great to get to see you a little more than usual this time! I loved it!
Amazing! There's just nothing else to say. I am in awe of your talent!
Hilary! Oh my gosh!!! You are so talented! That cake is gorgeous! Oh how I wish I lived closer to you so I could learn from you! Remember the cake you made me while I was serving my mission? That was divine too!
Gorgeous cake! And all the delicious layers to boot!! The truffles look great, too. 1000? You're a mad-woman! You'll always be my "wedding-day-hero." You make many brides very happy!
Beautiful! Seriously, all wedding cakes should also taste good. Yours sounded so beautiful on the inside too! :)
Post a Comment