Life's Greatest Treasure

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I hadn't planned on this

Really I hadn't, I've come across so many wonderful and beautiful posts and tributes to President Hinckley our beloved Prophet that I really felt that mine was not necessary. :) As I read Sherry's post about our Prophet and her heart felt honest feelings. It really helped me express mine as I began responding to her. So I nixed the comment sorry Sher :) but here are my feelings too.

I know how you feel :)
Every post has expressed great love and admiration for our prophet and I echo that in every strain. I remember President Hinckley from conferences long before he became the prophet... not necessarily the words:) but I always loved listening to him :) We have to remember that one of the reasons he helped us so much is because he was our PROPHET, and he gave us the words that the Lord gave to him, and the Lord placed him here for us in this day to feed us and help us in our need. But we must also remember that the Lord will not abandon his people, He was not taken from us but taken back to the Lord and the Lord will provide for our heartache, and give us a prophet to lead us through the coming days of trial.
And thankfully we will always have President Gordon B. Hinckley's inspired words and guidance to each of us as reminders of his love and inspiration, compassion and strength. Thank you President Hinckley for so often feeding the very part of my soul that was in pain or struggling.

2 comments:

SW Portraits said...

Now see, this is beautiful!! I loved reading this!

Laura said...

Perfectly stated. You guys said it all!