Life's Greatest Treasure

Friday, March 21, 2008

Still unpacking :)

Things that make me happy today... TREES! We got up this morning and found the sewer line gushing in the yard... talk about depression. but as we are on the phone figuring this out Alex stops and says we have 2 deer outside... (the water had stopped gushing, Alex shut it off, the deer were down in the ravine making their way past our house, not playing around in the nasty water- just so were clear on all this :) ) So like a true midwesterner :) I jump out of bed to see myself and then run up the stairs (it's good for the legs :) ) to tell the girls so Ally can see them out her window (how cool is that to wake up and see deer out your bedroom window) Then we decide to go out on the deck to see them if we're very quiet :) and Livvy goes first and is also first back in going (in a very loud whisper) Mom you were wrong there are 4 deer not 2! So I grab my camera (Alex is scoffing at this) and try to go take a picture. but the deer blend in to well and I can't see them through the camera lens... hmm... oh well. I lean over the edge of the deck and feel the coolness of the morning air, gaze through the trees and enjoy the last moments of watching this family of deer walking past our house.

So why is this post about trees instead of deer? I was just feeling grateful this morning as I did yesterday and the day before that I can walk out my back door and stare into trees. I can touch them and enjoy the beauty of this gorgeous area and because of them have such peace and serenity. I think the deer agree :)

By the way Still unpacking title is because I did take several pictures and even caught some deer on camera finally after zooming in but I don't seem to have a usb cable. And so the search for the missing things goes on. :)

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds amazing!! Cant wait to see pictures. Oh and my belly didnt hurt too bad after that. I think my butt was more sore from sitting on that duct tape seat all day! haha. AJ was a good driver. He went nice and slow over the really bumpy stuff. :)

Laura said...

It was so good to talk to you yesterday! We need to do that more often cause I love hearing the happiness in your voice-- it's contagious! :) I'm so glad you have peace and serenity in your new home. Sounds like heaven! I can't wait to come down and spend some time there! Miss you!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear you guys are getting settled, even if it is slow coming. Your mom just had awesome things to say about your new place, we really can't wait to see it!

Jenny said...

I am so glad you are closer and happy. I feel the way you do about trees. They are just gifts from a loving father!

Jen said...

So happy for you! Can't wait to see the pics. What a lovely description of your morning.

Selissa said...

Sometimes just the simple things can make you happy.

Jenny said...

I waited the whole day and still no new posting.