Life's Greatest Treasure

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

So I know her name isn't Phobe but it was cute anyway :)
So I think I just had my best Mother's Day. Alex was awesome and now I'm terrified for Fathers Day :)
So here goes, a few days ago I got a truly gift worthy massage, I can't remember much but that I think I really needed it :)
Moving on, Sat Alex took me out and I went to the salon and got my face waxed I think, hehe, no but you all know how grateful we all are that I did get my eyebrows done... you know 20 min alone with some one else doing things that you need done is pretty amazing :) So I felt good and I came out and got presents for the girls... yes, yes, I know but they loved it and that makes me happy too. :) Then we went and rented 27 dresses which I loved and Alex endured :)
Then Sunday I did nothing I think. Unless I wanted to do it. I think I drizzled chocolate and washed some strawberries eating a few in between. We had friends over and had a fabulous dinner with cheesecake (that I didn't make) and strawberries for dessert. The girls gave me cute little cards and things. It was great.
Wow, so then I laid down at around 5 o'clock to rest cause I was so full and Alex cleaned up and took care of the girls. I didn't get up from that rest until 6 o'clock this morning (which is when I'm always awake now, so that was unavoidable) And I only got up for like 20 min. in the middle somewhere thinking I would need to be up for a bit, but I was still tired so I went back to sleep. Okay so seriously I got 13 hours of sleep approx. When was the last time any of us slept that long?! And you all better say before children or I'm gonna be mad! I might allow one child into the not be mad category... alright so maybe I'll just be jealous.

But anyway that was my fabulous Mother's Day. I hope you all had wonderful days as well.

To my mother,
I love you.
That's the basis of it all. You have loved me for longer than I can remember and more than I can tell and I am so grateful for the example you have given me to look to so I can be the best mother I can for my children. So, once more Momma I love you! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

5 comments:

SW Portraits said...

You totally deserve the best Mothers's day ever!! I'm so happy to hear about your mother's day weekend! Good work Alex-totally proud of you! ;)
Hil-I miss you still! It won't go away!

Amanda said...

Wow your mothers day makes my mothers day look pitiful! ha ha. I got flowers... dont get me wrong they are beautiful.. and i do appreciate it.. maybe it just takes time and some learning to have an amazing mothers day. ha ha. jealous.

Laura said...

ah, the joys of being a mom. :) Lovin' every day of it. You're a good pattern to copy. You are just so much fun...your home in St. Joe was always such a happy place. I'm sure it is still that way. You make everyone feel loved. And that's why we love you! :)

Jolynn and Zak McCormick said...

Hillary-I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your new home. I totally agree with what amanda said-Your mothers day sounds so nice. Zak is the one who took a nap on Mothers day here- (go figure);) Take care

Jen said...

What a great day - you do deserve it!