Life's Greatest Treasure

Thursday, November 6, 2008

My sister in law Misty mentioned this on her blog so my family has all seen it but I thought I'd post it for all my Bella Vista friends because it is so perfect, and appropriate to how we should be feeling and acting The links above will take you to a blog titled Shark Bait by a woman called Tiburon/Tib & Misty's blog... I'm so glad Tib & Misty found this, Now here's the text of her quoted post: I think Bob Lonsberry summed it up well:

Barack Obama was not my choice, but he is my president. That is true of all Americans. For the last eight years, there has been an ongoing campaign of destruction meant to handicap and hobble the last president. I refuse to be part of an effort to do the same to the next president. Those who didn't vote for Barack Obama must set a higher standard of civility and citizenship than those who didn't vote for George W. Bush. In defeat, there must still be nobility. The last eight years have taught us what happens when you set out to destroy a presidency for political gain. You help your candidate, but you hurt your country. That pattern must not be followed with this new president. America must treat Barack Obama better than he treated George W. Bush.
While the candidate that I voted for did not win - I will make this pledge. I pledge to be kinder to Obama than his party was to Bush. Cause that is how I roll.
Me again. The scariest thing about this election to me has not been the candidates or the house, though all are intimidating subjects, the scariest thing to me is how the American people have reacted. There has been more violence and acting out and growing to hate than I can remember seeing in our country. And it is wrong. Respect for me will be a hard thing to muster for someone who has not earned it from me but I can reject the hate that has begun to surround this subject, and I can be kind... and hopeful. Cause that is how I roll.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

*ahem* That's how I roll as well. Glad you took the time to stop by Tib's site to read it.