Life's Greatest Treasure

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Guess what I've been up to!

Hey everyone!


So I know it's been awhile :) sorry! I think the fabric and quilting world is eating me alive! lol!




I've been contributing almost regularly on the Missouri Star Quilt Co. (MSQC) blog


I've also started a quilting blog of my own!


It's pretty exciting for me because I decided to do this to promote quilt patterns that I am in the process of designing and printing. There aren't any completed ones up yet, but several sneak peek pics and just other info about little projects I'm working on :) Go check it out if you have a chance. It's called Hillary Ann... Designing Happy
I chose the name thinking it fits in so many forms... Designing happy kinda like Slap happy, designing and I'm happy :), and designing happiness. My goal was more for that last thought (though I kind of like the slap happy connection :) ). After all my mother was a big believer in you choose how you feel so why not be happy by design!

8 comments:

Aby Runyan said...

That quilt is gorgeous!

I made my first purchase from Missouri Star just a bit ago, those gals are sweeties.

luvs, aby

Hillary Sperry said...

The quilt is gorgeous, it's not mine though :) I have a pic of one I made on the MSQC website, but I chose to put this picture up because it's Anna Maria Horner fabric and I love it, and it looked like the quilt was swallowing that girl whole with barely her legs left :D

Oh and I was there while the girls were filling your order! I was excited that you were liking them well enough to order! Love that deal of the day!

Rachelle said...

How cool and exciting for your new site! My mom has been teaching me how to sew since I got home from my mission and I have only completed 2 blankets - SO, i am totally excited for you to get your creations out there! You are so talented.

Natalie said...

Awesome Hillary! I like the name...can't wait to read more! Love ya, Nat!

Jess said...

I am so excited!! Can't wait to see everything!

SW Portraits said...

The quilt is amazing girl. I love the little legs to go with it. Adorable! Keep up all the great work. I love you.

Jen said...

How cool! I love it. I can't wait to see your patterns!

banananutmeg said...

um yeah I just read your MSQC post on the bloom quilt and well... I clearly do NOT speak "sewing" and have no idea what i'm talking about. You are so great to humor my nursery bedding ideas and not make me feel inadequate! You are pretty much awesome.

Guess what?! my fabric is here. Well, mostly here. They sent the pink and brown dots instead of the blue with brown dots. The square fabric and the big orange dots are on my kitchen table! Can't wait to create something FABULOUS! Let me know when we can play, and I'll arrange to send my kiddies somewhere so we can really get crackin'. The crib and changing table have been painted, glossed, and sealed and are back in the nursery waiting to be dressed and filled with a baby. (if only THAT part could move along more quickly!)