Life's Greatest Treasure

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm trying to paint

Well all I still don't know which picture I'm going to get printed (probably several:) ) but I do know I love this picture and I'm going to paint it! Crazy huh! I'll try to take a picture of it when I'm done but who knows when I'll even get a chance to start it:) I'll probably paint it in all creams and tans and such... I think. Again we'll have to see what happens :) but here goes:)
Oh by the way this is a sketch that will be projected onto the canvas so that I can just trace it out and then I'll try to paint in what I want :) It's not really cheating. As my artist friend says's it's whatever gets the job done :)

11 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

It seem to me it would be easier just to have it printed in Sepia tones if you want cream and beige....maybe I,m crazy, but I am all about easy.:)

sperry said...

It's about the experience:) ...and I'm not sure that's all I want... I don't know how it will end up, but how cool will it be to have a portrait of us that I've painted, and besides I can make my legs thinner & that sort of thing :)
Yeah, anyway....

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Good idea! And maybe you can add some hair on Alex!! hahahahahahhaaha!! Just kidding....I know you are into the bald dude look!:)

sperry said...

yeah but painting it will be weird :) I'll try not to make him look like a big light bulb:)

BJ Scott said...

Ok... this is awesome... you are so clever... I agree, anything that helps counts... Oh, on your pics... I loved this one also... my fav had to be the one with your faces together and you holding Alex's face. Also loved the one of you running with the reflection in the water. Of course they are all great.

BJ Scott said...

Teaching the 16-18 yr old sunday school was initially one of the most intimidating things I've ever done, but we were just getting really comfortable with it!! :o) I guess that's how it works, you get too comfortable and it's on to something new...but yes, I'm SO excited to be in YW. Im excited to see how this painting works for you, because I LOVE to paint, but I don't tend to paint well with restrictions....but I'd like to do something like this....

BJ Scott said...

okay, that last comment was Me...Misty, I sat down on Mom's computer and forgot to log myself in....so ya...IT'S ME!!! :)

Jen said...

I loved that photo...what a great sketch - can't wait to see your painting.

Phogles said...

Hillary - I've lost your e-mail address. Would you please e-mail me? I have a Q for you! (phogles@hotmail)

Laura said...

So...when do we get to see an update? I'm anxious to see how it's going!

SW Portraits said...

ok, so I think it's about time to make a new post Hilary!