So ladies I need some opinions.... am I crazy for wanting to paint this all over my walls?
This is basically what I want to do... (though it was a first time practice that I knew I would be painting over) I'll have white/cream walls and paint aqua and brown vines all over just for fun. I have 2 windows on one wall, a door in the opposite wall, and a large walk through on the third wall, the fourth wall is plain. And I'd basically run the "vines" vertically through all the objects as if they weren't there to begin with... ????
It is a textured wall and even with more practice I highly doubt that the edges will be much more defined... so, ths is pretty close to it.
thoughts?










6 comments:
I like the vines...Where in the room are they going?
i need to see more wall too.....i need perspective. it is cute, and you are so brave, and talented! :)
Looks like it will be very cute and creative- How are you feeling? Hope all is well with everyone, how are the kids doing this year with school? Take care!
Those colors are very popular right now. Do you have bedding and stuff to match? I say go for it if you can tie it all together. ANd I would do one wall...probably the wall your bed is on.
Is this for your formal dining room? I'm like Sarah... i need more wall to really see what you're talking about. But I love the vines and the over-lapping colors.
Sorry I missed your call the other day... and even moreso, missing seeing you while you were in town...AGAIN!! I'm not turning out to be a very good friend am I? I hope you are doing well. I miss you as always.
WAAAAIIIITTT!! Have you already done it?? I haven't checked your blog in a while so I'm just now getting caught up.
Ok, so I think they are cute - but not for walls. Instead I think you should do a series of pantings, maybe 3, and put them next to each other on one wall. Trust me on this one - ok so you don't actually have to trust me, I mean who am I?? Anyway, I think if you do it on the walls it well end up looking VERY busy, and will become dated very quickly. Then you're stuck painting again. But with paintings, they hold their "time" much better. They can be moved and will still give you that visual fix you are looking for.
If you don't want to use canvas, I can also see these being painted on boards of some type and hung (WIDE boards).
luvs, aby
Post a Comment