So this weekend I have been flattened against the cabinets in the kitchen stuffing metal cables down a 1 1/2" tube in the wall and pulling it out covered in black sludge and a lye solution that was supposed to be cleaning the pipes and instead kept splattering ourselves..... Continued :) We had some horribly clogged pipes starting from Fri. morning we have been unable to use our kitchen sink and although the lye solution worked the best of any of the pipe cleaners every time it touched us we had to hurry and run it under hot water or we would end up with a painful if not deep burn where it had touched. At one point as Alex pulled the cable out of the wall and I tried to hold it steady it turned and splattered across all my arms and neck... that was probably one of the more painful moments. :] But after several tries with an electric snake and In the middle of Conference(coincidence? I think NOT:) ) and after much prayer It started to finally drain.... slowly! By the end of the day it was fixed and we were able to get some of the 2 days worth of dishes washed before the morning. I still have to go and wash off all the things that had sat under the kitchen sink because they also are rather covered in lye polka dots :) Fun, fun, fun!
Conference was great wasn't it. There wasn't anything in particular said to fix this but somehow it really helped me get over my woe is me feelings I've been dealing with (again) lately :) There was a lot said that helped me in other things though. I think it brought back all my smiley faces too (as you might have noticed there are quite a few in this post :) )
9 years ago










1 comments:
I'm so glad you told the rest of the story... I was left quite boggled the other day. I'm happy your sink is draining again! Isn't it incredible what crazy stuff we have to deal with as "adults." I mean, come on! (I think we all have a clogged drain story too, which is sad!). Thanks for all your comments on my posts. I'll have to e-ya the story about the train... and though I've written many things to and about Lincoln, the post was the lyrics to Cat Steven's "How Can I Tell You." Which I must add the disclaimer for Peter, that "he is a terrorist." But his song is still really good! :)
Post a Comment