Where are you going, my baby, my own?
Turn around and you're two,
turn around and you're four,
Turn around, you're a young girl going out of my door.
Turn around, turn around,
Turn around, you're a young girl going out of my door.
Where are you going, my little one, little one?
Dirndls and petticoats, where have you gone?
Turn around and you're tiny,
turn around and you're grown,
Turn around, you're a young wife
with babes of your own.
Turn around, turn around,
Turn around, you're a young wife
with babes of your own.
---MALVINA REYNOLDS, HARRY BELAFONTE, ALAN GREENE
Yeah, so Ally headed off to her first night of achievemnet days tonight. And I just this afternoon finished scrapbooking her 1st birthday. What happened?! This was taking so long!!!! And last I checked it still seemed like forever before I'll be through it all. But my baby girl stands almost tall as my shoulders and my other baby is wandering around in diapers like she was just yesterday.... OK I know we've heard it all before but, geeze it wasn't going to happen to me. I knew exactly what was going on and I'm not going to miss a moment (that would be miss as in be there for it and miss as in I'm not dissapointed it's gone :) ) But here I sit thinking about the way she looks all tall and smart and beautiful and getting more so by the day, And wondering if I did miss something or all of it in my craziness. It's alright Liv's calling me to watch her climb a tree and see herr leaf collection amd tell me about the boys and girls at school. (And even though Livvy thinks kissing is gross and doesn't "love" any boys she talks more about boys now than Ally does now... scary :) ) So I suppose there will be far greater worries to come so "no stress, no stress!" ....I'll just keep tellin' myself that :)










4 comments:
Maybe you will be lucky and they will all be like you! I do remember feeling that if I didin't have a picture I wouldn't remember it, but life goes on and really fast too! I love you. Momma
Also if I remember I sang that song about my own girls and now they have children that stand to their shoulders or taller. :)
I love this song... I used to sing it to my Misty as she was growing up and I felt like I was losing her. They grow up so very quickly, one moment a babe in arms and the next wedding bells and babies of their own. This song is a perfect reflection of every mothers true feelings.
~Kimberly
ps... I loved your white dresses, what a beautiful thought.
It is true. They just grow up to fast. It is a wierd feeling when you realize you have kids doing things you remember doing....
Post a Comment