Life's Greatest Treasure

Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Happy Lu-santa-y Day!"

It's a great day this morning! 
My girls got up early ate breakfast and got to school on time only changing clothes once!
Hurray for Santa Lucia Day! :)
Ally was beautiful and helpful and then we woke Livvy up on accident while looking for Ally's white dress... oops... So Livvy put on a white dress and participated in Santa Lucia's Parade :)  Livvy was thrilled! (Ally not so much :) )  The parade gathered everyone and we all ate breakfast by candle light with beautiful christmas dishes and happy little girls :)
As everyone was leaving and wishing eachother a happy Santa Lucia day Layna runs to the dor sticks her hand up high and yells "Happy Lu-santa-y Day, Daddy!"  "Happy Lu-santa-y Day, Ally!" (Livvy was already in the car)  So I giggled a little and echoed the sentiment with what else but "Happy Lu-santa-y Day Ally!"  :)  
And to everyone else who wants one, Happy Lu-santa-y Day to you to!

7 comments:

Laura said...

I love this picture with everyone in candlelight! But I'm going to have to google "lucia day"...I'm not familiar with this tradition.... you'll have to tell me all about it. It sounds delightful!

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

How fun!! I am a santa Lucia LOSER!! I remembered all week....and since we haven't had school since monday, my days are all messed up...Anyway, I WILL do it, tonight!! I've always been a little backwards anyway, right!??!

SW Portraits said...

Ohhhhh..... I remember this from your scrapbook when you guys just had Ali and you were trying to surprise Alex, but she was screaming or something and it woke him up! At any rate, this looks AMAZING and I am TOTALLY jelous!! I want to start doing this too! Tell me all the details again so I can do this next year k?!

Al said...

Mom and dad were here and they wouldn't do it for me! I mean, what'sa guy gotta do to get some cocoa and buns around here? :)

Looks good hilly, love those good traditions!

Laura said...

I googled, Santa Lucia Day and got the low down. I love it!

Today, I was remembering the St. Joe 2nd Ward Christmas party we had before we all moved... when you and Alex played Mary and Joseph... and Livvy was baby Jesus! Oh how time flies.

Jenny said...

I am so proud of you! This makes me happy...to know that traditions keep going! I love you

Natalie said...

Our lucia day was great...a little non-traditional with the costume, and we made cinnabon cinnamon rolls, but, everyone here loved it! So, I guess its the attempt that counts right!? I LOVE lu-santa-y day! That is the cutest! Good job with your girls...I think the parade to the table is genious!!!