Life's Greatest Treasure

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

So I've just convinced Layna to change out of her ballet clothes so we can go to the store to buy Dora cereal, but she is not happy about it so she pulls off her tutu and turns her back to me stomps her foot and shouts "ZIP!" I raise my eyebrows and calmly say "Ask me nicely please." She gives me a grumpy face, stomps her foot again, and a very little bit quieter yells "Zip!" I shake my head and say "Nicer" I of course am waiting for please, she stomps her foot again and says "Zip!" Mom shakes her head. Layna, foot stomps and a little quieter says"Zip" still looking very grumpy. again I shake my head and say "How about, Will you please unzip me Mom?" Layna's face sudden'y changes to a confused, and very sad look, "But I said that Mom"
Hmmm.... maybe I'm missing something. :)

7 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

So funny! I just love the three year olds personality!! I am sure you were just missing something. She meant to say please....hahahah!

Jenny said...

I remember washing Natalie's mouth out with soap for something she didn't say...I don't think I have been forgiven yet! You've got to hear between the lines!

Amanda said...

Oh man... what i have to look forward too... it actually scares me! hahah. Your girls are getting so big!!! they were babies like yesterday...

SW Portraits said...

Oh my gosh... That was HILARIOUS!! LOVE IT!

Laura said...

She's all girl... don't we all expect everyone to just know what we mean? Or is that just me?...I'm still working on that.

Jeanie said...

Hi Hillary!! I love this about yor little girl. Kids are great, huh?

(So now that I've posted a comment to your blog, it wouldn't be stalkish of you to comment on mine... :) Yeah, I saw your comment and Sherry's blog, and of course I remember you!)

Natalie said...

I have a couple of girls just like her! love it!!!