Life's Greatest Treasure

Friday, December 7, 2007

Things that make me HAPPY!

So today I'm finding that I love fresh baked goods! I love the smell of them, I love the golden hue that cookies and bread and even the edges of a cheesecake take on when they are baked correctly :) It makes me smile to lean over fresh baked bread and feel the heat rising up from a pan of fresh baked bread, the smile widens as within the heat rising I'm am taken in further by the sent, breathe deeply and I honestly feel like I could fall into that gorgeous soft loaf of golden bread! Not to mention I know it'll make me even happier in a few minutes when I get to eat them.
Sadly enough this is brought home to me this morning as I have come very close to over cooking a gorgeous christmasy cheesecake... :( It was all swirled white, green, and red. Now it's very golden, green, and white. I'm frustrated but at least golden is christmasy right? :) I just hope it's not to dry... thus my love and happiness over beautifully prepared and delicious baked goods :) And so today I love fresh baked bread, cookies, cakes, pastries, and really anything like that!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I certainly enjoy baking more than I do cooking. I haven't figured that one out just yet... other than the sampling that goes on along the way! Your post made me hungry! Yum, yum! Home made bread does something to the soul, I'm sure of it!

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

You are a nut, yet again! I love the way you describe things. However, the overcooked cheesecake makes me laugh. It brings back all the memories of cooking in Greenfield....almost burning down the house, hhahahaahahha! oh, and honey pie...You've come aLONG way babay!! Love you girl!

SW Portraits said...

She would TOTALLY LOVE it!! I talk about you and Laura all the time. She thinks you two are awesome! =)
(As do I to be honest!)

Natalie said...

you are amazing! I love you! I think I will go bake some bread now....maybe!:)

Jen said...

If only they had invited scratch & sniff for blog-photos! Ah, but I can smell the baked goodness you describe! I'm with ya!