Life's Greatest Treasure

Monday, February 23, 2009

My favorite Soiree

Okay, so I'm dying!  The MO Star Quilt Co. has their new daily deal up and it's one of my favorite fabrics... Lila Tueller's Soiree, *sigh*


It's so fun!  I want to make quilts for atleast a couple of my girls out of it and here's my chance!  The deal is seriously a steal!  The cake layer, 10" squares (around $35), The honey bun, 1 1/2" strips (around $23), Jelly roll, 2 1/2" strips (around $35), and an adorable charm pack, 5" squares (around $8) all for 69.95 ..... Oh how I wish I wasn't unemployed. :(  If you've ever quilted you know $70 bucks is cheap for even 1 quilt top and should make that and then some. ( Though you probably will still want some border fabric, not required but probably :) ) If there is anyone else who wants to make adorable quilts, curtains, or other such fun projects I would be very excited to come help you.  Seriously!  Just ask and I'll be there just to enjoy the fun of working with such happy fabric.  Call me!  I'll be waiting. :)


On what I've actually been doing with my time these days, take a look :)

I am being blessed to enjoy a tiny bit of Soiree's goodness for a brief moment in time making a quilt for display in the MSQC shop.

It's been a ton of fun laying it out and cutting the appliques (iron on is a wonderful thing :) ) but I think my girl's favorite part has been all the fun fringe hanging from my table while I work on the details :)

Hehe! I love it too :)


Otherwise, life is good and I'm avoiding the thought of how little money I can spend by filling my time cooking everything from scratch.  
Whoopie :) Seriously.
 I keep reminding myself that it saves us money for me to make tortillas, although my bread making has gone downhill since I've been trying to use wheat & Aldi bread doesn't seem so expensive after a few flat yeasty tasting loaves :)  So, instead I'm having my fun using other peoples fabric and dreaming about cute color schemes and fun new bedroom decor! 

9 comments:

Jess said...

Absolutely beautiful! I wish we lived closer to each other because I would pay you to come over and teach me. I wish I had that kind of talent! You are amazing!

banananutmeg said...

how fun! I want to make bedding for the baby's room, but haven't fallen in love with any fabric that is "boy" enough (says aaron). Good for you for making your tortillas from scratch! I'm impressed! If the mood strikes you to make beans, well...call me, I have recipes!

Natalie said...

I LOVE that quilt...it is looking so good! I totally want to buy todays daily deal too! Maybe I will...maybe not...hmmm...Miss you!:)

SW Portraits said...

Oh really?! My bday is coming up too, you should make me a quilt too! ;) Anyho... I'm working on Jack's pics next-so be ready! Love you!

Jolynn and Zak McCormick said...

I would love to have you teach me too-I am so looking to find my talents in doing things like this-so far-I have not discovered any talents in sewing etc. Hope you are all doing well-Your baby is so CUTE!!!

Rachelle said...

That seriously is so stinkin cute!!! I totally want to make that quilt!

banananutmeg said...

you said you are cooking a lot from scratch...do you have a good whole wheat bread recipe that works well here? I have a recipe that I made weekly when we lived in Green Bay, but it is dry and isn't as good here for some reason. Maybe my yeast was old or something.

Tom/Tabitha said...

Hey, wish we lived closer and I'd make the bread and you can make the quilts. I like using my breadmaker too, do you need some recipes?

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I'm so impressed! I did not get the quilting gene from my Mother. I've made ONE and that was enough for me. Maybe in my next life I'll get the bug! however I do have great admiration for anyone that DOES quilt - it's quite a gift!!!!