Life's Greatest Treasure

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Fruits and messes of my labors:)

So Sarah had her beautiful pics of canning and Alex came home with 2 large cases of plums... ( that was aside from the ice cream & donuts :) ) so we decided to make plum jelly. Which turned into plum jam, syrup, & butter... but, half way into the first batch it just wouldn't boil so I checked the blogs, shortly after that I heard a loud sizzling.... here's what happened.... ...Needless to say I was a little discouraged, but I took my pictures... ...And we moved on :) It took me awhile to figure out everything I needed and the process to use and the recipes but I did it and here is the beautiful fruits of my labors picture! :) Happy day :)

4 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Yay!! It looks awesome..well, a little scary at first, but it ended well!! I can see Pheobe clapping for you!!! Yaya, for canning!!! Don't you just love following the Prophet!?
It's my favorite!:)

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

I also love the color contrast between the pink and the black....and the silver!! Nice pics!!:)

Natalie said...

I love that you are so brave!! I still haven't canned without moms supervision!! You're awesome!

Jenny said...

I love canning! even when that happens!